60 år sedan "I have a dream"
28 augusti är det 60 år sedan Martin Luther King höll sitt betydelsefulla och delvis improviserade tal "I have a dream" inför en väldig skara lyssnande åhörare.
Detta talet räknas ännu idag som en av de viktigaste händelserna i 1900-talets antirasistiska rörelse. (2)
Kanske hade talet aldrig fått samma betydelse som det fick om han inte övergett det skrivna manuskriptet…
Mahalia Jackson, gospelsångerskan, ropade till honom "”Berätta för dem om din dröm, Martin” och där kom Visionen fram:
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ”We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.”
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" (citat ur (1))
"Freden måste komma först. Gör den inte det, min vän, kommer inget efter den."
💓 Sajtvärd på Fenomen, Hjärnan, Kulturtant, Oförklarade fenomen
Den drömmen väntar vi fortfarande på att den skall bli verklighet! Hur länge skall vi behöva vänta?💖💖💖
Igår gjorde jag ingenting och blev inte klar, så jag fortsätter idag!
💖💝
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end." ~John Lennon